Sr. Telecom Technician
The Meteor Telecom group of companies is looking for Experienced Senior Telecom Technicians to join our expanding professional team. We have been in business for 50 years. We have remained busy throughout the COVID-19 lockdowns, and remain so. We work with large corporate customers coast to coast on such industry standard manufacturer systems as NEC, Avaya, Nortel, Carehawk, Phybridge, Genesis, Xima, Bogen, and other leading global tech giants.
These are senior positions we have available so we expect you to know your stuff. Ifyou’ve been passed over, feel you can do more, and want the chance to excel even further, then this is your chance to join a Canadian industry leader.
The successful applicants will meet the following skills and responsibilities:
- Ability to work with a team and take direction on small and large complex installation projects alike
- Be available for overtime and weekend installation and support work, on site, if required
- Have Technical knowledge of telecommunications, data networks, IP, IP Telephony, IT systems
- Have certifications on some of the above manufacturer equipment and some experience in most of the others. (Certified and/or experienced on the Avaya product lines, IP Office, Voice Mail Pro, etc., knowledge of Legacy products such as Nortel’s CS1000, Call Pilot, BCM etc. will be an asset, as will NEC certification.)
- High school Diploma or equivalent and/or Post secondary school certificates in Telecom
- Attend to customer service requests as directed by the Dispatchers, project managers and network advisors in a timely and efficient manner, and maintain reporting standards as required
- Be available for off hour On-Call requests
- Install all equipment and software as per manufacturer’s documented procedures
- Maintain the components and tool inventory in the company vehicle based on company policy
- Maintain technical certifications and commit to continuous development
- Have a driver’s license in good standing and perform other duties as may be required.
Character traits we expect:
- Commitment to excellence and confidence in the field and in front of customers
- Honesty and self-directed study abilities
- Professional record keeping as per company policies
- Be safety minded on the job
We have a full health plan, benefits, and company vehicles available for those that can show they are made of the right stuff. This is a career path that can lead directly to intermediate and senior telecom technical positions, and network engineering.
We will take a look at ALL applicants
Start YOUR future NOW with us. Apply here: email@example.com
Get In Touch
We service clients and locations across Canada with our feet on the street in most major centres. Our technical footprint stretches from coast to coast, and our help desk is available 24/7. One call to our head office support lines will put you in touch with our expert team for all your needs.