Acceptable Use Policy
Any and all use of Smart IP Services is subject to and conditioned upon compliance with the following Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”). If you have an Agreement with Smart IP, this AUP is incorporated into and made a part of your Agreement with Smart IP.
- The Services (including any device, system, network, or account used in connection with the Services, or Smart IP) may not be used to:
a. Illegal activity. Violate any applicable law, including Canadian Federal and Provincial law or regulations, or any applicable law or regulation of any foreign jurisdiction.
b. Infringing activity. Infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate Smart IP’s or anyone’s rights (including intellectual property, privacy, personality, publicity, or otherwise; or display or use Smart IP’s marks without consent or in violation of Smart IP policies.
c. Auto-dialing; trunking; traffic pumping. Perform auto-dialing or “predictive dialing” in an abusive manner; trunk or forward your Smart IP phone or fax number to other numbers that handle multiple simultaneous calls or to a private branch exchange (PBX) or a key system; traffic pumping or access stimulation of calls through the Services or Smart IP.
d. Minors. Exploit or harm minors (e.g., expose them to inappropriate content; ask for personally identifiable information without parental consent).
e. Interference; transmit viruses. Interfere, inhibit, compromise, or otherwise harm the Services or Smart IP (regardless of intent or knowledge); transmit any material that contains viruses, time or logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, malware, spyware, or any other programs that may be harmful or dangerous.
f. Objectionable activity. Act in an indecent, offensive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libelous, fraudulent, malicious, disruptive, tortious, or other objectionable manner; or create a false caller ID identity (i.e., ID spoofing), forge addresses or headers, or otherwise mislead others about a sender’s identity or origin.
g. Driving; safety. Use while driving or otherwise in an unsafe manner.
h. Harvest information; spam; bulk messages. Harvest or collect information about third parties or End Users without consent; send bulk communications or other content without the recipient’s consent.
i. Excessive or unauthorized use. Use any device, system, network, account, plan, or the Services in an unauthorized manner or in excess of reasonable business use.
j. Circumvent compliance or security. Take advantage of, bypass, exploit, defeat, disable, or otherwise circumvent limitations of the Services, security mechanisms, or compliance with this AUP or any law.
k. Interception. Intercept, capture, sniff, monitor, modify, emulate, decrypt, or redirect any communication or data for any purpose.
2. Resale Prohibited. Customer may not sell, resell, sublease, assign, license, or sublicense the Services or any component thereof or use or offer the same on a service-bureau or time-sharing basis.
3. High Risk Use Prohibited. THE SERVICES ARE NOT DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED, INTENDED, OR RECOMMENDED FOR USE FOR ANY HIGH-RISK OR FAIL-SAFE PURPOSE OR ACTIVITY OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT WHERE FAILURE, INTERRUPTION, MALFUNCTION, ERROR, OR UNAVAILABILITY COULD RESULT IN SUBSTANTIAL LIABILITY OR DAMAGES, PHYSICAL HARM OR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH OR DISMEMBERMENT, OR PROPERTY OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE. CUSTOMER SHALL NOT USE THE SERVICES FOR ANY SUCH PURPOSE OR ACTIVITY OR IN ANY SUCH ENVIRONMENT.
4. The list above is not exhaustive or exclusive. For purposes of this AUP, “End User” means an individual user of the Services, and may be a natural person, and may include but is not limited to a Customer’s employees, consultants, clients, external users, invitees, contractors and agents. Except as otherwise provided, terms defined in the Agreement have the same meanings when used in this AUP. The Services must be used only in accordance with and subject to Smart IP’s legal terms and conditions and policies, located at https://www.Smart IP.ca/legal and Smart IP’s Privacy Notice, located at https://www.Smart IP.ca/legal/privacy-notice.html.
5. Smart IP may act immediately and without notice to suspend or terminate the Services if, in Smart IP’s sole discretion, Customer’s or its End Users’ use of the Services violates the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy.